How To Lose Unwanted Body Fat
Here are a few proven tips to lose unwanted body fat and get in great shape!
1. Get organized
- Schedule your workouts by body parts
o Major body parts include Chest, Legs, Back, Arms(Biceps & Triceps), Shoulders and Core
- Write down all of the exercises and workouts you will perform in a journal.
- Keep the journal with you everywhere you go.
- Gather your workout gear, supplements, clothes and food the night before.
- Track your waistline size, weight and progress pictures (front, back, side) for a total of 12 weeks.
2. Get to work
- Perform the exercises in your plan
- Do your cardio exercise before strength training (focus on fat loss before gaining muscles)
3. Reflection on Progress
- At the end of the week, reflect on your progress. Ask yourself the following questions:
o Did I hit all of my workouts?
o What problems did I face that prevented me from working out?
o Was I able to overcome those challenges?
o How did I feel before and after my workouts?
o What adjustments will I make next week to ensure I am successful?
o Did I gain weight or lose weight?
o Did my waistline increase or decrease?
o Do I like how I look in the mirror?
4. Make adjustments
- Ensure that next week’s workouts are a bit more challenging that the previous week. For example, if you ran HIIT on the Stairmill (30 seconds high speed, 1 min low speed intervals), do 25 min’s using the same interval.?
- Make sure that you are eating at least 3 balanced meals per day (lean protein, healthy fat and complex carbs). To lose body fat at a steady rate, eat less and less complex carbs and up lean protein, veggies and healthy fat, as the day wines down.
- Have 1 cheat meal per week (not a cheat day).
5. Cardio before Strength Training (for 6 straight weeks)
- Ensure that you are performing at least 3-5 challenging cardio sessions per week.
- Perform cardio before weight training for 6 weeks in a row, then after 6 weeks, perform strength training before cardio for the next 6 week.
- Cardio session should last at least 20 mins, and be no longer than 45 min’s.
- Make it challenging. You should be sweating and breathing heavy. Don’t be afraid to give it your all.
-Michael Lee aka Ripped Runner (6 x Physique Champion and author of Five Fit Rules)
You can reach me at:
Download my FREE workout Guide –> 5fitrules.com